Government services and useful contacts

If you need to get in touch with a Government service or need support for an issue, here is a list of contact numbers and websites to assist in your enquiry.

If you are unsure of the best avenue to take in your matter, please contact my office via:

PHONE: (07) 3893 3488


We will happily point you in the right direction to assist in your enquiry.


Travel, Australians trying to return home and Immigration or

Services Australia – public holiday reporting


Call 13 22 00 or



13 28 61


1800 800 110

My Aged Care

1800 200 422

Scamwatch – report a scam


COVID-19 Emergency Assistance and Support

Over-the-phone support and information during the coronavirus pandemic.

National Coronavirus Line 1800 020 080

For advice on how to seek medical help or get tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) you can contact your state or territory health authority, or call the coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline on 1800 020 080at any time.

Mental health, safety & support

If anyone is in immediate danger call 000.

If you are experiencing domestic violence, please contact 1800 RESPECT(1800 737 732).  You can also contact MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978 and the Men’s Referral Service on 1300 789 978.

For personal crisis and mental health support services you can contact Lifelineon 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue on 1800 512 348 at any time.

Kids Helplineis a free service for young people aged 5 to 25. Kids, teens and young adults can call 1800 551 800 at any time.

For the Department of Veterans’ Affairscall 1800 555 254.

If you need phone and online safety advice contact esafetyor the Australian Cyber Security Centre.

Support for people living with a disability

ForNational Disability Insurance Scheme enquiries, including service requests, plan and support changes and assistance, complaints, escalations and review requests, call 1800 800 110.

For the Disability Information Helpline call 1800 643 787.

Support for individuals and households

For national emergency relief services, including food, clothing, vouchers or help with bills, contact your local arm of The Salvation Armyor St Vincent De Paul.

If  you or someone you know requires aged care support contact My Aged Careon 1800 200 422.

You can also find support from one of 196 Commonwealth-funded emergency relief providers through the Department of Social Service’s Service Directory.

Financial support

For financial counselling, including advice on managing debt, contact the free and confidential National Debt Helplineby calling 1800 007 007. You can also visit MoneySmart for advice to help you manage your money.

Those on a low income may be eligible to apply for a ‘No Interest Loan’. For more information and details on how to apply, call 13 64 57or visit Good Shepherd Microfinance.

For information on JobSeeker payments, other income support payments and Centrelink services call Centrelink Employment Services on 13 28 50.

For the ATO Customer Service Line, call 13 28 61.

The Australian Tax Office offers a range of support and assistance to businesses and individuals effected by COVID-19, as well as other disasterssuch as bushfires, droughts and floods. You can contact the ATO Emergency Support Infoline on 1800 806 218.

Business support

To test eligibility for income support payments, including JobSeeker, visit Services Australia.

For COVID-19 support measures and information for small and medium businesses call gov.auon 13 28 46.

Support for Australians overseas and foreign citizens in Australia

For information on visa rules and queries regarding extension of visas call 13 18 81(within Australia) or +61 2 6196 0196 (outside Australia).

The Consular Emergency Centre provides 24-hour support for Australians with serious and urgent needs. It is also for friends and family of Australians overseas. For urgent matters call 1300 555 135. For non-urgent matters visit smartraveller.

Help for parents and carers

For advice and information about early childhood education and care services with vacancies in your area, contact the ACECQAhelpline on 1800 291 041.