Federal MP Ross Vasta has called on the Bonner community to celebrate the achievements of local businesses and charities by nominating them for the 2017 Telstra Business Awards.
Now in its 25th years, the Telstra Business Awards are renowned for showcasing and celebrating the achievements and entrepreneurial spirit of Australia’s most brilliant small and medium businesses (SMBs) and charities.
Mr Vasta said that SMBs and charities are the engine room of the Australian economy and deserve to be recognised.
“Local business owners and leaders drive growth and deliver jobs for many Australians by pouring their hearts and souls into their businesses every single day,” he said.
“It was inspiring to see the Glitter and Dance Fabric Specialists from Mansfield win the Queensland Micro-Business Award category in 2014 and be recognised for the amazing work they do supplying premium fabric for dance, stage and sport costuming.”
“We have so many great SMBs and charities in the Bonner region, it is important that they are recognised for their contributions to the economy and the community just as the Glitter and Dance Fabric Specialists were.”
Anyone can make a nomination for any of the following five Award categories:
· New Business Award – operating for one to three years with up to 200 employees
· Micro Business Award – with five or fewer employees
· Small Business Award – with more than five up to 20 employees
· Medium Business Award – with more than 20 and up to 200 employees
· Charity Award – ACNC registered with DGR status, between one and 200 employees and an annual income of $250,000 and $10,000,000
To nominate, please visit: www.telstrabusinessawards.com/nominate or call 1800 AWARDS. Entries will open 30 January 2017 and will close March 16 2017.
State and Territory winners of the 2017 Telstra Business Awards will be announced at gala events later this year, with the Queensland Awards taking place on Thursday the 14th July.