The festive season has officially begun! This is a time of celebration and joy, but for some it can be stressful, isolating, and costly – especially during the ongoing pandemic.
Every year, I encourage locals to give the gift of giving by donating non-perishable food items to my Bonner Christmas Appeal.
This year’s appeal will be running up until Wednesday 15th December. I’ve already heard from local not for profit groups that there is an immense need for donations in the lead up to Christmas.
While you’re shopping for your loved ones this year, I encourage you to think about adding a few items to your trolley which can make a real difference to someone’s Christmas.
Goods will be spread across Bonner’s not for profit groups where they are needed most including Mt Gravatt Community Centre, Access Street Van’s in Mansfield, Rosie’s, Beyond DV as well as church groups like St Peters in Wynnum and Citipointe Church in Carindale.
Where can I drop donations?
- Ross Vasta MP at 69 Clara Street Wynnum (open between 8:30am to 4:30pm)
- State Member for Chatsworth Steve Minnikin MP at Unit 1, Millennium Business Centre, Millennium Bvd, Carindale (open between 9am to 5pm)
- Councillor Steven Huang at MacGregor Ward Office 2072 Logan Road Upper Mt Gravatt (open between 9am to 5pm)
- Councillor Ryan Murphy at Chandler Ward Office Shop 8 Millennium Centre, 14 Millennium Boulevard Carindale (open between 9am to 5pm)
- Councillor Lisa Atwood at Doboy Ward Office Shop 5, 1181 Wynnum Road Cannon Hill (open between 9am to 5pm)
Any weekday between now and Wednesday 15th December.
Between office hours at each location.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and making a priceless difference to someone this Christmas.