I’m proud to have delivered many vital projects for our Bonner electorate during my term as your Federal MP.
Projects I’ve delivered Federal funding for include:
|Green Camp Road Corridor upgrade||Including Rickertt Rd-Green Camp Rd intersection upgrade||$10 million|
|M1 upgrades||Including upgrade at Gateway Motorway merge at Eight Mile Plains||$1 billion|
|Brisbane Metro||Metro plans include services for Eight Mile Plains Station, Upper Mt Gravatt Station, Griffith University Station, and Holland Park West Station||$300 million|
|Wynnum Manly Seagulls||Clubhouse dressing sheds upgrade||$400,000|
|Manly Bowls Club||Second green enclosure||$1.15 million|
|Mt Gravatt Bowls Club||New surface and shade system||$178,000|
|Wynnum Manly & Districts Men’s Shed||Installation and fitting out of new sheds||$118,000|
|Mt Gravatt Men’s Shed||Solar panels and other facility upgrades||$49,242|
|Eastside Community Church||Fencing, shade sails and path upgrade||$20,000|
|Hope Foundation||New equipment and supplies||$70,000|
|Moreton Bay Discovery Centre||Extension to house Moreton Bay Discovery Museum displays||$450,000|
|Australian Academy of Martial Arts Karate-Do Club||New dojo training hall||$185,000|
|St Agnes Catholic Primary School||Construction of three new multi-use courts||$211,000|
|Moreton Bay Girl Guides||Flooring upgrades||$8,901|
|Silky Oaks Children’s Haven||Multi-purpose community hub area makeover||$9,475|
|C&K Tingalpa & District Kindergarten||Bathroom upgrades||$2,574|
|Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia Belmont||Gravel car park upgrade||$20,000|
|Manly Community Kindergarten||New sensory garden for students||$2,521|
|Wynnum General Gordon Community Pre-School and Kindergarten||Outdoor play space upgrade||$6,750|
|Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club||Upgrade of marine radio antennas||$8,000|
|EDit (Ex-Defence Integration Team)||Work helping local ex-defence personnel back into the workforce||$6,000|
|B4C – Bulimba Creek Catchment Co-ordinating Committee||Revegetation project||$6,698|
|Holland Park Mt Gravatt Parish||Purchase of parish community hall chairs||$6,352|
|Mt Gravatt Lapidary Society||Upgrade of equipment, facilities and clubhouse||$7,949|
|Wesley Mission Brisbane – Asher House||Purchase of disability mini-bus||$20,000|
|St John’s Church, Wishart||Upgrade of Little Fishes Nursery Group playground||$7,414|
|Wynnum & District Horse & Pony Club||Lighting and electrical clubhouse upgrade||$5,000|
|Mt Gravatt Hawks Soccer Club||Upgrade of club facilities||$5,922|
|QLD PCYC Bayside||Upgrades to local PCYC facility including community hall||$576,696|
|Rotary Club of Carindale||Shed completion-installation of concrete ramp and landscaping||$5,000|
|Jewish Communal Centre Queensland||Equipment purchase and upgrade||$10,167|
|Gumdale & Districts Progress Association||New hall windows and security screens||$8,250|
|Gumdale State School P&C Association||Upgrade of school oval||$18,182|
|Rochedale Scout Group||Camping area redevelopment||$9,000|
|Upper Mount Gravatt State School P&C Association||New community gym and wellness centre||$20,000|
|C&K St Catherine’s Community Kindergarten||Repainting of kindergarten premises||$5,415|
|Lota State School-Rotary Club of Port of Brisbane||Replacement storage facility||$20,000|
|Wynnum and Manly Meals on Wheels||New Kitchen and Community Facility and purchase of new kitchen equipment and Solar Communities grant||$335,000|
|Wynnum & District Rugby Union Club (Wynnum Bugs)||Upgrade of facilities, equipment purchase and Solar Communities grant||$34,014|
|Manly-Lota RSL Sub Branch||Building Excellence in Support and Training (BEST) grants||$60,086|
|Gateway Church Carindale||Solar Communities Grant||$27,500|
|Mt Gravatt Community Centre||Solar Communities Grant||$6,837|
|Broadwater Road Uniting Church||Solar Communities Grant||$12,500|
|Moreton Fishing Club||Solar Communities Grant||$11,871|
|Port of Brisbane and Queensland Trucking Association||Heavy Vehicle Safety Around Ports project||$302,000|
|Citipointe Christian College||Armistice Centenary Grants Program||$18,182|
|Queensland Rifle Association||Armistice Centenary Grants Program||$9,091|
|Guardian Angels Catholic Primary School||Armistice Centenary Grants Program||$5,000|
A STRONGER ECONOMY AND A SECURE FUTURE FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS
The Coalition Government’s plan to put the budget back on track is working. We’re providing strong economic management, investing in local infrastructure, creating local jobs, and delivering the essential services Australians rely on.
Our key achievements since coming to government include:
- A stronger economy: Real GDP grew by 3.4 per cent through the year to the June quarter 2018, faster than any G7 economy and well above the OECD average. We have completed our 27th consecutive year of economic growth and the budget is now on track to return to balance.
- Record jobs growth: Over one million new jobs were created within our first five years of government. Over 400,000 jobs were created in 2017 alone.
- Small business tax cuts: We have delivered small and medium business tax cuts, benefitting over 3 million businesses that employ over half of working Australians. These tax cuts will help 15,722 local businesses in Bonner alone.
- Income tax relief: We’re delivering responsible tax relief for low and middle income earners, including over 66,550 taxpayers in our electorate of Bonner, so more Australians can keep more of their hard-earned income.
- Infrastructure spending: Our $75 billion infrastructure package will fund vital road and rail infrastructure projects that will reduce congestion, improve safety, and create jobs—this includes $1 billion to upgrade the M1 and $300 million for the Brisbane Metro.
- Fair funding for schools: There will be an extra $24.5 billion in schools funding over a decade provided through the Gonski 2.0 needs-based funding model, including a $33.2 million increase in funding for government and independent schools in Bonner, and increased funding for Catholic schools in Bonner.
- Increased funding for preschools/kindergartens: We’ve guaranteed over $440 million for states and territories in 2019 so four year olds can access quality early learning. We are ensuring that 2,281 children in Bonner can access 15 hours of quality early learning in the year before school.
- Increased hospital funding: We’re providing record levels of funding for public hospitals, including over $29.5 billion for Queensland public hospitals under the new five-year National Health Agreement, which will provide millions of additional hospital services for patients.
- More affordable child care: We are making child care more accessible and affordable for families that need it most. Over 7550 families in Bonner are better off under our new child care system.