Don’t forget to have your say on the Lindum Station Precinct Study with community consultation closing Friday, February 28.
Federal Member for Bonner Ross Vasta MP said information from the community would help shape the plans to provide a safe crossing, improve traffic flow and protect the rail corridor.
“Already we’ve seen hundreds of residents put pen to paper to make sure we come up with the best possible solution to this dangerous level crossing,” Mr Vasta said.
“With $85 million from the Morrison Government delivered and $40 million from Brisbane City Council delivered, I hope at the conclusion of this study we will see the Queensland Government commit its share of funding to get construction underway.”
Mr Vasta said last year he collected more than 7000 signatures petitioning for the upgrade of Lindum Crossing.
“Since public consultation started on November 4, more than 200 online surveys have been completed with a further 155 ideas shared on the interactive ideas wall at pop-up information stalls,” Mr Vasta said.
Lord Mayor representative for Wynnum Manly Ward Megan Piccardi said tapping into local knowledge was a great way to ensure the upgrade delivered on the needs of the community.
“By meeting with residents and businesses I’ve got a good idea of the changes they want to see to ensure pedestrians and motorists are safe,” Ms Piccardi said.
“Local knowledge is greatly valued and we want to see the station improved in a way everyone benefits.”
For more information visit www.tmr.gov.au/lindumstudy