The Governor-General, His Excellency General the Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Retd) has announced The Queen’s Birthday 2021 Honours list.
Federal Member for Bonner Ross Vasta MP congratulated the five locals from the Bonner electorate who received honours for their outstanding contribution to the community.
“I am always out and about in the community, meeting and getting to know our locals. In every exchange I am continuously touched by the acts of selflessness and generosity that are displayed,” Mr Vasta said.
“As part of The Queen’s Birthday 2021 Honours list, I am proud to recognise the five incredible individuals from Bonner who have demonstrated exceptional achievements.”
“Each of their unique stories span a variety of fields, such as law, creative arts, community groups, education as well as supporting those who are blind or have low vision.”
2021 Queen’s Birthday Honour recipients for Bonner:
• Mr Brian Boulton (Carindale): For significant service to the law, and to the judiciary, particularly to District Courts.
• Mr George Amarandos (Carindale): For service to the Greek community of Queensland.
• Mrs Judith Connors (Carindale): For service to the creative arts, particularly as a tatter and lace maker.
• Associate Professor Sarah Kelly (Lota): For service to tertiary education, and to sports administration.
• Mr Lorin Nicholson (Mansfield): For service to people who are blind or have low vision.
“Awards like The Queen’s Birthday Honours list are a heartening reminder of the difference we can all make on a local level,” Mr Vasta said.
“I thank all the Australians who were awarded for their service and congratulate them on this recognition.”