A greenhouse, LED lighting and a library refurbishment are among some of the exciting new projects for schools in Bonner who received funding under the Morrison Government’s Local School Community Fund program.
Federal Member for Bonner Ross Vasta MP said students would be the big winners in this funding program, which supports small but vital projects in local schools.
“These are the small projects that make a big difference to providing better learning outcomes and learning experiences for students in my electorate of Bonner,” Mr Vasta said.
“School communities nominated the projects they most wanted and the Morrison Government stepped up with funding support through our $30.2 million Local School Community Fund.
“This is an additional investment on top of our record funding of $310 billion for schools.”
Schools in Bonner to recieve funding include:
- Belmont State School $20,000 to refurbish their multi-purpose centre
- Holland Park State High School $19,995 to install energy efficient LED lighting
- Mount Gravatt State School $8058 to construct a Greenhouse
- Mount Gravatt State High School $12,500 for the installation of musical instrument bag racks
- Rochedale State High School $19,909 for Library refurbishment and upgrades
- St Peter’s Primary School at Rochedale $20,000 for a nature based interactive learning project
- Mackenzie State Special School $4944 to expand their Thrift Shop
- Guardian Angels’ Primary School $20,000 for the installation of synthetic grass for the P2 playground
- Murarrie State School $20,000 to install air-conditioning
- Tingalpa State School $20,000 to install ceiling fans in the Assembly Hall
- Darling Point Special School $20,000 to upgrade playground equipment
- Wynnum State School $14,594 to upgrade senior laptop and robotics devices
Mr Vasta said these projects would go a long way to supporting students when completed in 2020.