Today marks one year since the 2016 election. I’ve been proud to deliver a number of projects and initiatives for Bonner in this short amount of time:
• $10m for upgrade of Rickertt Rd-Green Camp Rd intersection;
• Funding to upgrade M1-Gateway Motorway merge at Eight Mile Plains;
• NBN: 21% of rollout complete in Bonner, with all premises to have access by 2020;
• $319,210 in Commonwealth Home Support Programme funding for local aged care providers;
• $400,000 for Wynnum Manly Seagulls Clubhouse dressing sheds upgrade;
• $1.15m for Manly Bowls Club second green enclosure;
• $558,000 for PCYC Bayside facility and equipment upgrade;
• $450,000 for Moreton Bay Discovery Centre extension;
• $185,000 for Australian Academy of Martial Arts training hall;
• $178,000 for Mt Gravatt Bowls Club new surface and shade system;
• $70,000 for Hope Foundation new equipment and supplies;
• $22,612 for Mt Gravatt Men’s Shed solar panels and facility upgrades;
• $20,000 for Eastside Community Church for fencing, shade sails, and path upgrade;
• $22,616 for Manly-Lota RSL sub-branch BEST grant;
• $4,000 in NSDP funding for Wynnum Manly and District Men’s Shed;
• Mobile Black Spot Program funding for new mobile phone tower on Russell Island;
• Inaugural Bonner Bright Star Awards to honour outstanding young locals;
• Inaugural Bonner Volunteer Awards to honour outstanding local volunteers;
• Coffee with a Cop community safety events to address local crime.
I’m also proud to be part of the Turnbull Coalition Government that has delivered a number of historic reforms in the last year: Gonski 2.0; Snowy Hydro 2.0; cracking down on multinational tax avoidance; tax cuts and other incentives for small business; and much more. I encourage you to read the PM’s short piece on what we’ve achieved for Australians.
I can’t wait for the year ahead and to deliver more for the people of Bonner.