Ross Vasta, Federal Member for Bonner, wishes to remind those men and women who have given military service to Australia that they may be eligible for a Certificate of Appreciation under the Australian Government’s Saluting Their Service commemorations program.
Certificates of Appreciation are available in respect to the following conflicts and events:
- Second World War, for service in the Australian armed forces or on the home front;
- British Commonwealth Occupations Force (Japan);
- Korean War;
- Malayan Emergency;
- Indonesian Confrontation;
- Vietnam War;
- Gulf War;
- Iraq War; and
- Peace Operations
“Certificates of Appreciation are just one way that the Australian Government expresses its gratitude to those who have given so much in protecting our country’s interests and helping to restore and maintain peace around the world.
“We are grateful for the dedication and sacrifice demonstrated by our veterans’ service to Australia.” said Mr Vasta.
Those who can apply for a certificate include:
- Veterans and those who served in the wars, conflicts and peace operations for which certificates are available;
- Family members or friends on behalf of eligible persons;
- Family members of deceased eligible persons.
Applications can be submitted to the Wynnum Electorate office of Ross Vasta MP.
More information about Certificates of Appreciation and how to apply is available at www.dva.gov.au/factsheets or by contacting DVA on 133 254.