Bonner will benefit from the Abbott Government’s commitment to build the infrastructure of the 21st Century with more than $70 million for local projects announced in the 2014-15 Budget.
This is part of the Government’s Economic Action Strategy to invest a record $13.4 billion in productivity-enhancing infrastructure in Queensland which will create thousands of jobs, slash travel times and boost economic growth.
Federal Member for Bonner, Ross Vasta, said the funding will support much needed infrastructure projects in Bonner.
“They will bring job opportunities, boost our local economy and make our roads safer for motorists.
Mr Vasta said that 4 projects in the Bonner electorate will receive funding including;
· Gateway Motorway South (Mt. Gravatt-Capalaba Road to the Pacific Motorway):
– Federal contribution: $70 million;
· Mount Gravatt Men’s Shed (Stage 2 Construction and Fit Out of Existing Facility):
– Federal contribution: $100,000;
· Yandina Park Mansfield Clubhouse Facility Construction:
– Federal contribution: $54,000; and
· Gumdale Scouts Car Park Construction:
– Federal contribution: $26,000;
“Projects like these will relieve pressure on existing infrastructure and unlock the economic capacity of Bonner, making it an even better place to live and do business,” Mr Vasta said.
The Abbott Government’s infrastructure package will drive growth and create jobs so that we can have a stronger, more prosperous economy in Bonner.
Further information can be found at http://investment.infrastructure.gov.au/projects/.