The annual Rotary Community Service Awards recognise the relationship between Community Service Organisations and their support partners. This program celebrates the vital contribution of Corporate Social Responsibility, Philanthropy and other forms of business, government and Community support to the not-for-profit sector, formally acknowledging their amazing contribution and showcasing some of the wonderful work being done in our community
Recipients of these each of these awards embody Rotary’s motto “Service Above Self” and Rotary’s ethical guideline in its 4-way test, a call to moral excellence.
Guidelines and Criteria for some of these Awards:
UNSUNG HERO OF THE YEAR AWARD
The recipient of the Unsung Hero of the Year Award should truly take Rotary’s motto of “Service Above Self” and incorporate it into their everyday lives. The criteria for selection are that they
(1) be unpaid volunteers;
(2) have given many hours to their respective organization;
(3) have made positive contributions;
(4) might be, but are not necessarily, in leadership positions;
(5) are NOT generally known to the community at large; and
(6) are NOT Rotarians.
SERVICE ABOVE SELF EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
The criteria for selection are that they
(1) be a full-time educator or other school employee residing or working within the Wynnum Manly and Lota District;
(2) exemplify the Rotary motto of “Service Above Self” by going above and beyond the requirements of their job to make a positive impact in our community through community service ; and
(3) are NOT members of the Rotary Club of Port of Brisbane.
Recognition for each recipient will be in the form of an appropriately engraved plaque.