SUPPORTING OUR VETERANS
I have recognised the increased need to support our veterans and their families including those living in Bonner. Supports include but not limited to local health services community organisations, advocacy, and wellbeing.
To read more on how am fighting for our veterans, please click here
Over the past few years, the former Coalition government has invested billions of dollars to ensure our veterans and their families are well looked after. Read more here
FUNDING BOOST FOR MANLY-LOTA RSL SUB-BRANCH TO SUPPORT LOCAL VETERANS
Manly-Lota RSL Sub-Branch in Bonner have been awarded $23,609 from the former Coalition Government to support local veterans and their families.
They are among 127 ex-service organisations (ESOs) sharing in $4.35 million through the 2021 round of the Building Excellence in Support and Training (BEST) Program.
To read more on this funding, please click here
Thousands of offers are now available to Veteran Card holders in Bonner from businesses across Australia, as part of the Australian Defence Veterans’ Covenant.
The Veteran Card provided the opportunity for businesses and organisations, big or small across the country to show their support and recognition of veterans.
So far around 500 businesses are on board, making more than 10,000 offers available for Veteran Card holders, both over the counter and online.
For more information on how the government is helping our veterans including veterans’ card, click here
Here are some of the assistance from the former government:
- $30 million in a network of six new Veterans’ Wellbeing Centres to bring together the key services for our veterans and their families
- $16.2 million to support organisations including Soldier On, Team Rubicon and State Branches of the RSL. Along with other ex-service organisations, these groups will also be able to use the new Veterans’ Wellbeing Centres to deliver their services
- $17 million to exempt Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI) veterans
The Coalition’s plan to put our veterans and their families first builds on an extensive record of support for veterans:
- The record $11 billion we deliver to support 280,000 veterans and their families each year
- Extending access to the DVA Gold Card for civilian medical teams in the Vietnam War
- $500 million we’ve committed to reform the Department of Veterans Affairs to better meet the needs of veterans and their families
- $100 million we invested in the Sir John Monash Centre in France
- $498 million committed over the next nine years to redevelop the Australian War Memorial and allow the Memorial to display more of their collection and proudly tell the stories from recent years in Afghanistan, Iraq, the Solomon Islands and East Timor.
- Delivering our $1.4 billion in fairer indexation for military superannuants
- Supporting Kookaburra Kids to help the children of veterans affected by mental illness.
Only the Coalition can be trusted to deliver for veterans and their families in Bonner.
For more information on support please click here