Federal Member for Bonner Ross Vasta MP has announced 30 of Bonner’s community groups have been awarded a total of $116,768 in funding as part of the Morrison Government’s Volunteer Grants.
The 2021 grants round was representative of $20 million for groups across the country, to support the crucial role they play in our communities as Australia moves forward out of the pandemic.
Mr Vasta said funding was awarded to Bonner’s community organisations across sport, environment, rotary, and foundations supporting disadvantaged women and children.
“I spend a great deal of time in our community and am constantly in awe of the impact our of volunteers who have hearts for making a difference.”
“Even during this challenging year, their dedication and hard work continues to strengthen our community. It is privilege to be recognising their efforts.
“For the awarded organisations, the funding will go towards training and retention of volunteers, strengthening of participation in volunteering, supporting organisational activities and funding technologies like laptops to assist in the delivery of services.
“I look forward to visiting these organisations, thanking them for their contribution and seeing how the funding has made a difference to their work.”
The 2021 Volunteer Grants provide organisations with grants of $1,000 to $5,000 to help purchase equipment, training and background screening checks for their volunteers.
Volunteers are integral to many Australian organisations, with more than 8.7 million volunteers across the country giving their time freely to support their communities.
Bonner’s 2021 Volunteer Grant recipients:
- Bayside Creeks Catchment Group
- Bayside Sea Scouts – The Scout Association of Australia QLD Branch
- Bulimba Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee
- Care Kits for Kids Inc
- Carina, Carindale and Distract Basketball Club Inc.
- Clairvaux Football Club
- Community Sports Mentoring and Coaching
- Damini Women’s Association of Queensland Inc.
- Hope Foundation (Lovewell)
- Junior Bayside Jets Basketball Club
- Manly Lota RSL
- Mount Gravatt Hawks Football Club
- Mt Gravatt Magic Basketball Inc.
- Nature Freedom
- Ocean Crusaders
- Pacific Rifle Club Inc.
- Queensland Philatelic Council
- Queensland target Sports Inc.
- Quota International Carindale Inc.
- Right Connexions Ltd
- Sailability Bayside
- Sails at Bayside
- South Western Metro Basketball
- St Pauls Uniting Sporting Club Inc.
- The Rotary Club of Wynnum and Manly
- Waterloo Bay Leisure Centre
- Wynnum and District Horse and Pony Club
- Wynnum Christian Community Church
- Wynnum Manly District Cricket Club
- Wynnum Manly Little Athletics Club