Australians will now benefit from a new one-stop-shop career information website with the launch of the ‘Your Career’ website.
The first release of the ‘Your Career’ website designed by the National Careers Institute will help people of all ages plan, navigate and manage their careers.
The website will serve as Australia’s authoritative source of careers information as part of the Australian Government’s priority to get people back in to work.
Federal Member for Bonner Ross Vasta MP said as the nation deals with COVID-19 and the impact on the economy, it was important Australians had access to reliable and accurate labour market data, and information on the skilling or re-training options available to them.
“This website provides access to information about how to transfer their skills to jobs in demand, upskill, retrain or start a plan for longer-term goals,” Mr Vasta said.
“The ‘Your Career’ website delivers on that need because it is driven by world-leading labour market intelligence from the National Skills Commission.
“Australians can use this site to explore their future career options, or to look for options they can pursue now – either local employment opportunities, or short-term study options.”
Given the changing nature of the labour market, ‘Your Career’ will continue to evolve to enable all Australians to take the next step in their career using tailored careers information.
Key features of Your Career include:
- career quizzes to explore jobs that match a person’s skills, interests and goals
- information about study or training options to gain new skills, upskill, or reskill
- information to help with a successful job search including resumé writing
- links to support services to help find employment, manage wellbeing and understand rights at work, and
- an A to Z of occupations, including detailed career descriptions, pay and available jobs.
The ‘Your Career’ website can be found at www.YourCareer.gov.au
For more information about the National Careers Institute, visit www.nci.dese.gov.au